Singapore Entrepreneurs 2.0
May 22, 2006 by SGE
Official Announcement: New Design, New Contributors and New Direction
We thank you for your continuous support over the past year since our inception last July.
In another two months time, we will hit our first anniversary. How did we get started to work on this blog? Our story have been interesting because the three founders started the blog despite each one of them was originally residing in different locations: Cambridge UK, Silicon Valley US and Singapore. Each one of us has taken different routes in being an entrepreneur. Gwen and BL started off as business competition organizers and later as entrepreneurs starting their own companies, while Weichang started his companies without any formal training. Our aim at that time is to promote the spirit of enterprise and focus on entrepreneurial education in Singapore with a balanced view of both theory and pragmatism. We want to provide a venue to signpost information for people who want to know how to set up businesses in Singapore. Through the process of working on this blog, we have found friendship with the global entrepreneurial community and have a fruitful interaction with them.
As the founders began SG Entrepreneurs as an enterprise, we feel that it is now time for our blog to expand in order to improve our infrastructure, increase quality in our articles and introduce new technologies to build up our existing core competency. Here are a few things in our transformation to Singapore Entrepreneurs 2.0:
1. SG Entrepreneurs Logo: We have an official logo, which we use now for our branding and partnership purposes. We have both logos in two different colour schemes which we provide for our partners and collaborators. We thank Ms Tan Yiru for taking her time and effort to design our new logo.
2. Strategic Partnerships: In addition to our existing partner, National Library Board, SG Entrepreneurs will continue to build strategic partnerships with different entrepreneurship groups in Singapore and beyond. Any organization are welcome to engage us for a strategic partnership. Entrepreneur27 (Singapore) and NUS Entrepreneurship Society will be joining us as our new strategic partners. We look forward to other entrepreneurial groups who might be interested in partnering with us.
3. New Contributors: We have invited a few entrepreneurial bloggers to join our editorial team. Their input will provide new perspectives and ideas to our existing team. Some bloggers are already well-known within the blog community. They are Bjorn Lee, Cobalt Paladin, Darius Cheung, Justin Lee, Legal Janitor and Wannapreneur. If you are interested in joining our editorial team, please drop us an email. We are also working on new incentives so that there is a value proposition for these bloggers to raise the profile of our blog. We seek to grow our existing community and engage a new generation of young entrepreneurs through our blog.
4. Events: We will be organizing networking and entrepreneurial related events to build up a community for our partners and readers. In addition, we welcome any entrepreneurial organizations to inform us of any interesting events that are coming up.
5. Blogroll and Links: We have now placed the blogroll and interesting URLs into the “Links” pages where our readers can use them to look who we are being linked to. If you want to be linked, please feel free to email our site. We usually find our links through our logs and automatically link up with anyone who has linked their sites to us.
We hope that you will continue to support us and we do our best to promote entrepreneurial education and spirit of enterprise in Singapore. Please feel free to write to us if you want any interesting topics that you want us to discuss in the blog.
We are still in the process of completing our transition to this new format. Please bear with us during this period of change.
The future is optimistic for all of us. We look forward to a good year ahead.
BL, Gwen and Weichang
Founders of SG Entrepreneurs
 The famous Mr Wang has written a short note entitled “Singapore Entrepreneurs” to publicize our new revamped site. We are honoured for his comment of us as “one of Singapore’s better blogs”.
 Justin Lee has also written a piece on his blog site entitled SgEntrepreneurs turns 2.0.
Find out more about SGE’s research arm: SGE Insights, providing customized in-depth research reports to help you navigate the business of technology in Asia.
About The Author
SGE - (SGE)
Covering the Singapore and Southeast Asia startup and entrepreneurship scene since 2005.Read other posts by SGE