How Event Organizers Can Use Pigeonhole To Improve Engagement
December 8, 2010 by Isaac Timothy T
Ever been to a conference and finding yourself in a Q&A session, frustrated at the oblivious soul hogging the microphone with meandering and pointless drivel? Ever felt that precious Q&A time was slipping away while everyone was just too polite to tell the self-important pseudo-intellectual to stop talking? Ever felt that your attendees could benefit from a system which surfaced the important questions that everyone wanted to ask?
Pigeonhole, a Singapore start-up has the tools to help the beleaguered event organizer improve Q&A sessions for the attendees.
1. Pigeonhole Live allows the audience to post and vote for questions on their web devices, such as smartphones, tablets and laptop PCs.
2. Attendees can see all the questions that are being suggested and vote for the questions that interest them the most.
3. Conference organizers have the option to enable moderation for efficient management, editing and filtering of question content at the conference.
4. With the questions sorted according to the votes from the audience, the speakers or the moderator of the panel discussion will be able to address the important questions with high degree of relevancy to the audience.
5. Conference attendees are empowered to drive the direction of the panel discussion and Q&A session, in addressing the queries of their concerns.
6. Since the questions can be stored, the conference organizers / speakers can continue to address the unresolved questions during the short span of Q&A sessions after the conference.
enough time for only one more question …
Get rid of the days when attendees feel shortchanged because their most pressing questions were not answered. As an event organizer, if you’re thinking of how to add more value for the attendees during the Q&A sessions, Pigeonhole Live might be worth a look.
From now till end June 2011, if you’re an event organiser and have an event within this period, mention SGEntrepreneurs and you can use Pigeonhole Live for free. You will also get to use any new feature released along the way. If you require onsite technical support and SMS functionality, additional charges may apply.
Find out more about SGE’s research arm: SGE Insights, providing customized in-depth research reports to help you navigate the business of technology in Asia.
About The Author
Isaac Timothy T - Product Manager & Resident Contributing Writer
Sometimes writer, sometimes programmer, full time behind-the-scenes guy, Isaac is responsible for keeping SGE running and ensuring the success of SGE's projects. While not working on SGE, he is running his own start-up. He plays football and is eagerly awaiting the day he can support Singapore at the World Cup.Read other posts by Isaac Timothy T