Malaysia Digest – 18 Jul
July 18, 2011 by Egi SEPTIADI
Here you can find some interesting startup news around Malaysia, not only in its capital, Kuala Lumpur, but also other their startup hubs such as Penang, Malacca, and many more.
(1) Companies owned by women contributed RM5.7 million of the total RM8.8 million in potential sales at the Showcase Malaysia 2011 from June 10-12.
(2) A briefing for those interested in participating in this year’s The Star Outstanding Business Awards (SOBA) 2011 was held yesterday at Menara Star, Petaling Jaya. Forty participants from various businesses were briefed by the SOBA panel on application procedures.
(3) MyDEAL has also recorded another milestone by generating almost RM 2mil in revenue/ month, a formidable feat for any medium-sized Malaysian e-commerce company.
(4) The operator of Malaysian’s sole neutral Internet Exchange, MyIX – known as ‘Persatuan Pengendali Internet Malaysia’, announced the availability of its upgraded network that comprises a total of eight Internet exchange nodes to provide comprehensive Internet traffic routing in the country.
(5) Two global awards are the latest feather in the cap for Puncak Niaga Holdings Berhad (PNHB), the region’s leading integrated water, wastewater and enviromental solutions provider.
We thank nordicfactory for the flag image.
Find out more about SGE’s research arm: SGE Insights, providing customized in-depth research reports to help you navigate the business of technology in Asia.
About The Author
Egi SEPTIADI - SGE Alumnus - Intern
Egi is currently pursuing Chemistry at the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. While not mixing compounds in the lab, the Indonesian is always on the hunt for recommended "makan" (Malay for "eat") places for local food. But the true blue foodie admits that "as long as the food tastes good, he'll go for it".Read other posts by Egi SEPTIADI