Helping Singapore startups enter Indonesia: iStart@Indonesia – 23 Apr
April 18, 2012 by SGE
As part of the series of market access support, the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) is organising the iSTART@INDONESIA programme. IDA will work together with prominent Indonesia-based incubators/accelerators, to help Singapore-based start-ups enter the Indonesia market. They would be tasked to help participating companies understand market dynamics, and connect with key individuals with the intent of securing customers, investors, and partners – through a variety of targeted meetings, events and workshops organised for the delegation. IDA is seeking companies with a working Product, and the necessary resources (finance & manpower) for expansion into Indonesia to join-us for the programme.
There will be a Public Briefing to provide more information about the programme:
When: Monday 23rd April 2012
Where: IDA, 10 Pasir Panjang Road, #10-01 Mapletree Business City, Singapore 117438
If you’re keen on participating in the Public Briefing, please email us at email@example.com with the following information: Name, Designation, Company, Email
Trips to Indonesia:
Participating companies will need to commit to making two trips to Indonesia, in these following phases:
Phase 1 (Scheduled for 4th – 15th June 2012)
- Companies will be matched and assigned to in-market mentors and consultants that will aid in crafting an appropriate go-to-market strategy for Indonesia and arrange meetings with potential customers, investors and partners.
- Companies will undergo workshops to be equipped on the basics of market entry, legal, finance & tax, fine-tuning of biz model for the market, market dynamics of various IT verticals etc.
- Companies will attend prominent conferences / attend networking events.
Phase 2 (Tentatively scheduled for 21st – 31st August 2012)
- Companies would return back to Indonesia after spending abt 2 months in Singapore to refine their product, business model, and pitch, for further customer engagement.
- Follow-up meetings with potential customers, investors and partners.
- Possibly attend other networking events
- IDA will cover the fees charged by the accelerator/mentors/consultants for organising such a programme
- Companies need to cover their own return airfare, accommodation, cost of living, and additional entry fees for optional events, etc.
Eligibility and Screening:
- Open to companies incorporated & physically present in Singapore
- Company’s group annual sales turnover is not more than $100 million or group employment size is not more than 200 workers
- Preferred product verticals: Games, Mobile, E-commerce / payment, Web & Social Media
- Companies should have a working Product, and have the necessary resources (finance & manpower) for international expansion
- Screening will also be conducted by the Indonesian accelerator/incubator – to choose companies that they can best help
Find out more about SGE’s research arm: SGE Insights, providing customized in-depth research reports to help you navigate the business of technology in Asia.
About The Author
SGE - (SGE)
Covering the Singapore and Southeast Asia startup and entrepreneurship scene since 2005.Read other posts by SGE