SAVVI brings you TECx in Vietnam
July 4, 2012 by Stephanie SUTANTO
SAVVI (Strategic Alliance Vietnamese Ventures International) will be holding its semi-annual signature event, Technology Entrepreneurs Creative Arts Mix (TECx) for the fifth time on 4th-7th July, 2012. SAVVI is a subscription-based global platform providing services to those wishing to do business in Vietnam.
TECx 2012 aims to take a fresh look at how technology has radically transformed our lives, particularly in the creative arts such as movie and media production as well as distribution. It will feature provocative and insightful commentary from seasoned executives as well as experienced entrepreneurs working in Vietnam. Speakers include Mr. Phuc Than, Managing Director of DFJ Vinacapital, Ms. Huong Duong, Public Relations & Operations Director of IDG Ventures Vietnam, Mr. Rick Howarth, General Manager of Intel Products Vietnam and more.
This year, TECx will focus on four emerging sectors:
1. How is technology affecting movie making, media and mobile?
2. How is technology saving lives in the health and personal care sectors such as with stem cell research and tele-medicine? What are the latest technologies used in personal eye and skin care?
3. How is technology, including bio-technology, being used in the agriculture sector to address the growing concerns about food production and security?
4. How is technology being used in education to help spur entrepreneurship and innovation?
The conference will also include several activities such as:
1. SAVVI Demo Day – Friday 6th July, 2012: A showcase of 20 up-and-coming entrepreneurs as they demo their latest projects.
2. SAVVI Workshop – Saturday 7th July, 2012: A one day certificate workshop about innovation and using technology in business operations, and doing business in the US and with US companies.
3. Lounge with Us – Wednesday-Friday 4th-6th July, 2012: A networking event allowing attendees to savor quintessential Vietnamese cuisine with guest speakers from the conference.
Date: Wednesday – Saturday, 4th July – 7th July 2012
Venue: New World Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
Pricing: 5,250,000 VND (USD 252) for 3-day pass + workshop OR 3,150,000 VND (USD 151) for 1-day pass only
Find out more about SGE’s research arm: SGE Insights, providing customized in-depth research reports to help you navigate the business of technology in Asia.
About The Author
Stephanie SUTANTO - Resident Contributing Writer
Stephanie is currently pursuing her undergraduate studies in the University of California, Los Angeles. She hopes to learn more about startups both in Los Angeles and in Southeast Asia, possibly starting one of her own in future. And yes, she prefers sashimi to chocolates and flowers any day. You can find her on LinkedIn and Twitter.Read other posts by Stephanie SUTANTO