Get ready for Startup Asia Bandung: A Multi-Platform Hackathon
July 29, 2012 by Stephanie SUTANTO
Startup Asia Bandung 2012 will be different from the previous two events that took place in Jarkarta and Singapore. It will be primarily focused on a 24-hour Hackathon, making it multi-platform and non-restrictive. Developers can code in any language and for any platform.
What participants can expect:
- 24 hours of fun – Similar to the hackathon in Jakarta, but even more fun! You can expect a lot of activities while the hacking gets tough at night.
- Challenges – There will be some challenges to throw at the developers. Put your skills to work and live up to the challenge.
- Prizes – Each challenge comes with a prize, like some bonus cash, gadgets, and/or a possible internship at a tech company.
- APIs – There will be a list of APIs to have fun with.
- People – Meet like-minded developers and test out your skills with them.
Who should attend:
Developers and designers across Indonesia are encouraged to take part in this Hackathon. You can formulate and plan your idea beforehand, but no code should be written before the Hackathon starts. You can also form your dream team first before going into the hackathon, or you can group up with some new friends and form a team once you’re there.
Date: Saturday-Sunday, 13th – 14th October 2012
Time: Saturday 12.:30PM - Sunday 6:00PM
Venue: Landmark Convention Hall, JL. Braga 121, Braga, Sumur Bandung, Bandung, 40111, Indonesia
SGE is proud to be the Official Online Media partner for StartupAsia Bandung 2012
Find out more about SGE’s research arm: SGE Insights, providing customized in-depth research reports to help you navigate the business of technology in Asia.
About The Author
Stephanie SUTANTO - Resident Contributing Writer
Stephanie is currently pursuing her undergraduate studies in the University of California, Los Angeles. She hopes to learn more about startups both in Los Angeles and in Southeast Asia, possibly starting one of her own in future. And yes, she prefers sashimi to chocolates and flowers any day. You can find her on LinkedIn and Twitter.Read other posts by Stephanie SUTANTO